Serves 1-2 as a side dish
• ¼ cup carrot cut into cubes
• ¼ cup yellow squash cut into cubes
• ¼ cup green beans cut into cubes
• ¼ packed cup mint leaves
• ¼ packed cup parsley leaves, without stalks
• Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1/8 cup toasted walnuts or almonds
• salt to taste
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Steam the carrot, squash and beans until tender.
2. Purée together mint leaves, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, toasted walnuts or almonds, salt and olive oil until smooth.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
4. Mix in pesto with steamed vegetables and serve.