Benefits of Pumpkin and Spinach Curry
The fenugreek and ginger in this recipe are the superfoods against heart disease! The ginger improves circulation, breaks down blood clots and prevents against heart attack, while the fenugreek works on lowering your cholesterol absorption, so your levels stay in check. Include this recipe (or mix it up with different vegetables) in your diet at least 3 times a week.
- 200g Baby Spinach
- 1 cup diced Pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Ghee *
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
*Safflower or rice bran oil (vegan option)
1. In a saucepan, heat the ghee on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the fenugreek seeds and toast lightly for 1-2 mins until you get the distinct bitter aroma of fenugreek.
3. Add the grated ginger and sauté for a further 1-minute.
4. Add the chopped pumpkin and salt and cover. Check the pot from time to time to see if the pumpkin is cooked. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
5. Once the pumpkin is cooked, add the spinach leaves, keep on the flame for a further 2 minutes and then switch off.